Thursday, December 3, 2009

Song Analysis

I like a lot of styles of music. Recent concerts that I have been to are: Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Jason Mraz, Bruce Springsteen, and Bon Jovi. I like to attend concerts that are going to have musicians that are singing songs that I know, and also are going to put on a good show. The song that I pick is I'm Yours by Jason Mraz. All of last year I would have my students analyze the lyrics. One of his lines are, "I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror, and bending over backward just to try and see it clearer. But my breath fogged up the glass. So I drew a new face and I laughed." To me this means that he has been trying to figure out who he is and maybe is being someone that he truly isn't, which wasn't clear to him, hence the fog. So he changes from the person that others want him to be into a few face, which he likes. Jason Mraz has a good blog where he writes some pretty insightul stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment